Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Maggie's Mom Maggie's Mom is offline

Default repotting a blooming phal?

Hi all. As I previously mentioned, I have a phal that is constantly in
bloom. It looks healthy, but the roots are everywhere and the medium looks
like it could be changed. I planned on repotting the plant in Jan. 2007, but
then I had to make emergency trip to Europe, and when I came back month
later, the phal was in bloom. I thought, fine, I will repot it when it is
done blooming, but before the flowers dried up, another flower spike formed
below the flowers, and then another one. Now not only the "old" flower spike
is in bloom, there also is another flower spike with 7 flowers on it. It
sprouted sometime in February this year, right above the old one. As shown
in the picture.

Could I possibly repot a blooming phal? Or would it kill the plant?

Attached Thumbnails
repotting a blooming phal?-roots.jpg   repotting a blooming phal?-blooming-phal.jpg