Old 05-05-2008, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Will solarization kill bamboo?

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 04 May 2008 21:55:29 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article , Persephone wrote:

On Sun, 04 May 2008 19:52:43 -0500, Charlie wrote:

I'm going to solarize the tomato side to
kill the wilt pathogens.

NOW you tell me! I just put my tomato seeds in
last week. Very late for this area. Praying to whichever
gods will listen to me that the whole crop doesn't get
wilted out like last year.

You mean I shudda baked the earth for 'n' day/weeks,
and that woudda done it!

Dang!

Persephone

Charlie obviously meant that he had wilt in his garden and he
hopes that heating it would get rid of it. It probably won't.
If your soil was good last year, it probably will be good this
year too. Here in northern California the soil is almost 70F,
on the north side of a hill, so it is probably a propitious time
for you to plant your tomato seeds. Good luck, good health, and
bon appetit.

WTF...is Charlie drunked er summat? Charlie seems to be missin'
sumpthin' Charlie writed?!??!! Charlie gots no wilt inna garden...wilt
be elsewherses....Charlie thinks.

Charlie, er, I am Charlie, ain't I?

What, you been left out of the loop?
--