Old 05-05-2008, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

In message , David in
Normandy writes
Anyone recognise this? Is it a weed or a flower?

It is approx one foot high in the photo. We have another
one growing nearby that is approx 18 inches high.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/Hpim6725a.jpg

The foliage and habit rather reminded of some labiates, but the
inflorescences are wrong, so I had a look at some of the related
families. It looks to me as if it's a Scrophularia (Figwort), but I
can't tell which one.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley