Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
judith[_4_] judith[_4_] is offline

Default Automatic irrigation timers and pressure

On Mon, 05 May 2008 15:16:48 GMT, "spamlet"
wrote:

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
Dear all,

I have put an automatic watering system in my garden from B&Q. After
dithering over Hozelock and Gardena systems I found B&Q did their own
which was cheaper, and seems to work very well. I've got drippers in
pots and boxes and sprayers and sprinklers for the beds. So far so
good.

I do not think the problem is necessarily with the timer - when I
first bought my Gardena irrigation system (quite a few years ago)
there was a pressure control until which went between the tap and the
drippers. I have now added a timer so I have:

tap----timer-----pressure controller------drippers

and it works very well.