Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

In message , David in
Normandy writes
K says...
David in Normandy writes
Anyone recognise this? Is it a weed or a flower?

It is approx one foot high in the photo. We have another
one growing nearby that is approx 18 inches high.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/Hpim6725a.jpg

Scrophularia (figwort). UK native, member of the same family as
foxglove. Not invasive, up to you as to whether you keep it. Flowers are
not showy, though quite interesting viewed up close.

Thanks for the replies - I didn't find them for a while -
for some reason my posting was added as a reply to someone
else's plant ID request thread in my newsreader. Strange.

Some newsreaders thread posts according to the subject line, rather than
the references. (They're not supposed to, not that it stops them.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley