Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Jamista Jamista is offline
Registered User

Default Blank Canvas-How do I start?

I am a complete novice gardener who has just relandscaped her garden. I have several large empty beds and am looking for advice on what to plant.

I need
a. privacy from neighbouring gardens at the back of the bed .
b. colourful flowering shrubs.
c. variety of seasonal colours.

In addition I am planning a pergola and would like suggestions on what to grow up it for fast coverage with preferably flowers.

Any thoughts on small garden flowering trees for areas in between the beds.

Finally there will be pots littering the garden to break up the gravel/paving so anthing which will grow without much maintenance in these to provide colour would be great.

Soil is a fairly fertile heavy type-good for veg in the past. Garden is south facing.
I dislike any spikes and overly blousey flowers.

Garden is for me and my dogs to enjoy so ideally anything scented is an added bonus.

Many Thanks.
Jamista