Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Susan Stock

Default Avocado Plant

On 1/30/03 10:18 AM, in article
, "David DeMar"
wrote:

I am interested in growing an avocado plant indoors. My question is, what do
I have to do for the plant to be able to bear fruit? Will I have to have two
separate plants, so one will pollonate the other? Or is the idea of having a
fruit bearing avacado tree indoors unfeasable. I have never done this before
so any help would be appreciated.

Also, which are better to grow, California or Florida avocados?

Thanks.

Avocados need lots of sun and warmth to bear fruit. They are not small
trees, so indoor cultivation is probably not feasible.

California avocados are best. We are surrounded with avocado trees, and
continue to buy ones from the grocery store.

Barry Stock
Hollywood, Florida