Old 05-05-2008, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
robert robert is offline

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"robert" wrote in message
In message , lnw
writes

Copper is very expensive so I've bought a few of those copper-coloured pot
scrubbers from Wilko. They're cheapish and appear to have a thin copper
coating, maybe they will work and snarl up the slugs. I intend to pull
apart a pot scraper and make it into a circle to fit around the top of a
pot. At any rate, the slugs will get theyselves cut up trying get through
the pot scraper, I hope.

We have been using adhesive copper tape around large containers of hostas
for the last 3 years and it definitely works as slug barrier. We started
off buying it in gc's at £5 for a 4 metre roll, but this year found a
supplier on ebay selling 3 x 3 metres for around £7.
--
Robert

How do you keep slugs away from ground-grown plants?

We gave up and grow shrubs that are not that attractive to slugs. If we
were still persevering I would use nematodes.

--
Robert