Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default Automatic irrigation timers and pressure

On 5 May, 20:02, Owain wrote:
I have put an automatic watering system in my garden from B&Q....
Obviously the pièce de résistance for the lazy/absentee gardener is
the electronic timer to give complete automation. The problem I am
having is that the pressure of my water supply has always been a bit
marginal. Without the timer attached to the tap the system works fine.
With the timer screwed on the pressure suffers, and in particular the
sprayers and sprinklers turn feeble and don't cover the area they
should.

Could you put a shower booster pump in front of it?

Owain

I certainly could plumb one under the sink to feed the outside tap,
can you use those things to boost the mains? I thought they were for
to increase the flow from tank-fed showers.