Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Katey Didd Katey Didd is offline

Default Tomato emergency........ please help!!!!!!!

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Katey Didd" wrote:

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Katey Didd" wrote:

The neighbor sprayed the fence row a few days later with Round-Up
and now our tomatoe's new growth is all distorted from the drift.

Ask your neighbor to replace the plants.
Roundup is quite short-lived, so if the plants survive at all they may
well
recover.

I don't want to get on their bad side over a few dollars. They're trying
clean up a messy weed strewn yard left by the old owners of their
property.
The plants still look healthy and are a nice green color. Just the newest
growth is deformed and curled. We're sick over this.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Don't just sit there and stew. Ask your neighbors to be careful
with their spraying, because you have put in a lot of effort you
don't want it to affect your garden, especially with food prices
spiraling upwards.. If they continue, you'll know what their
attitude about you is. If they ask about their spraying, be sure
to let them know, as matter of factly as you can, about the
correlation between their spraying and the damage to your tomatoes.

When your tomatoes come in, be sure to offer a few to your
neighbors;-)

I will for sure. I already gave them some flowers that didn't fit in the
flower bed. They're very nice people, really.

http://100777.com/node/1687
and
www.westernmassafsc.org/colombia/SprayReport.pdf

The last one, at first glance, may not seem relevant but give it
a good perusal.
--

Billy
http://www.counterpunch.org/martin05022008.html