Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Blank Canvas-How do I start?

In article ,
Jamista writes:

| I am a complete novice gardener who has just relandscaped her garden. I
| have several large empty beds and am looking for advice on what to
| plant.

You should give an idea of the size of garden, heights needed (e.g.
for privacy), soil type (roughly - e.g. clay/loose/etc.) and the
location. All are rather important.

| In addition I am planning a pergola and would like suggestions on what
| to grow up it for fast coverage with preferably flowers.

How big? The best solution is to plant a permanent climber or two
and grow annuals (e.g. sweet peas, morning glory etc.) while it
establishes. You are not too late for this year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.