Old 06-05-2008, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Plant ID please

On May 5, 2:36 pm, K wrote:
David in Normandy writesAnyone recognise this? Is it a weed or a flower?

It is approx one foot high in the photo. We have another
one growing nearby that is approx 18 inches high.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/Hpim6725a.jpg

Scrophularia (figwort). UK native, member of the same family as
foxglove. Not invasive, up to you as to whether you keep it. Flowers are
not showy, though quite interesting viewed up close.
--
Kay

I am impressed once again with yer ability to spot plants from
photos! I would not have guess that until you said it. From what I
remember, it also has an odd very pungent smoky smell (crush a leaf or
stem).

Des