Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
Pennyaline[_2_] Pennyaline[_2_] is offline

Default Outside pipe/faucet in Chicago's climate

Scott in SoCal wrote:
On Mon, 05 May 2008 21:07:39 -0600, Pennyaline
wrote:

However, if you dig a deeper basement, you'll have more time to shut
the water off at the main before the level rises high enough to damage
something valuable.

What a horse shit response to Sheldon's post!

I don't expect you to get the joke, but all the chi.general regulars
do.

I understood that your response was absurd. Did I say that digging a
deeper basement in anticipation was a bad idea? No. I said the response
was horse shit, as in you didn't respond to the previous post at all.

But if your response to me means that this whole outdoor water in
Chicago climate thing is a joke among the chi.general regulars and
nothing more, then keep it to yourselves and stop crossposting.
Otherwise, take what your getting as well-intentioned advice and STFU
when you don't get what you want to hear. 'kay?