Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
kauhl-meersburg[_2_] kauhl-meersburg[_2_] is offline

Default What plant is this?

http://etc.Gnarlodious.com/Images/Pictures/P5040532.jpg
It isn't a Heracleum, you can clearly see the woody stems, and opposite
leaves, along with a number of flower buds. I suspect that it is probably a
Viburnum, several of which are called Snowball bush. Viburnums can have a
lot of variability in leaf shape between species, but opposite leaves, and
last year's bark shredding easily are usually pretty good identifiers.

hello Sean,

I submit but never seen such deep divisions on guelder-rose - plant must
have escaped from a tropical garden - surely Gnarlie will post again
when flowering

cheers kauhl