Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Three questions

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
We've had glorious weather this week end, so I have been my usual fair
weather gardener, and have worked like a trojan (if I say so myself,
judging from the scratches all over my arms and legs, and the stiff
limbs) weeding, digging, planting, mowing, clipping, etc.

Stiff limbs :-(

Yes :-(((

snip

Question 3 - I was weeding around my fruit bushes, when I noticed that
some of the gooseberry bush branches which were touching the ground
had taken root there. I assume therefore that it can be propagated by
layering? Am I safe in cutting off one of those branches from the
main plant, and planting it on somewhere else?

That's interesting, I wonder if it happens with other soft fruit bushes ...
it would be nice to increase the number ...

I think I've seen the same happen with blackcurrant.

TIA, and happy beginning of summer! (Isn't it great??)

So far yes, hasn't been too hot. And my asparagus is rearing its beautiful
heads!

Mary

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley