Old 06-05-2008, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,england.rec.gardening,free.uk.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Manure, compost. Whats the difference?

Hey expert gardeners!!

I just taken on new allotment which, as expected, is pretty overgrown
with bindweed n couch grass n stuff I don't recognise.

So, I started double digging the whole plot to remove as much as
possible of all of these deep rooted perennial nasties.. It will take me
until end of August to complete this.

Some people say I should then cover the dug ground with rotted manure
and leave it over winter. Others say I should cover it with compost.
But I don't know the difference between rotted manure and compost?

Are they the same thing?

Ed