Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Somewhat OT -- Streaks on surface of natural ponds?

mxm wrote:

On May 5, 5:20 pm, Derek Broughton wrote:

Of course, it could be ice... I don't know what Western NY is like right
now, or how high you'd have been, but for sure it can't be _too_ long
since the ice was off their ponds.

~400 feet above sea level or thereabouts.

The ice is all melted. We've had several weeks above
freezing and the ponds aren't too big or too deep.

Then I'd definitely think just wind. Our lagoon can be mirror quiet in one
area while the wind's causing ripples feet away. In really light breezes
that's normal.
--
derek