Old 22-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Mark Stroube

Default Time to fess up - What the most you've paid?

I once spent $250 on a big division from Blc Malworth 'Orchidglade' FCC/AOS,
which is still alive. I spent $240 on a division of Paph Tommie Hanes
'Althea' FCC/AOS, and it has a pod hanging. How about flasks? I got a
bottle of Paph sanderianum for $475, and they're only about 8 years from
blooming! *LOL*
-- Mark
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...
OK...this newsgroup has gotten too serious. Time for some fun.

What's the most you've paid for a single plant? What was it? Did it
survive and was it worth it?

For me I have a limit of $50 for a single plant and have a couple that I
have in the collection. Phal gigantea, an award Phal equetris keiki, and

peloric Phal Carmella Pixie that are all still in the collection. None of
them have bloomed yet but all are still alive.

Somewhere I saw an old ad from the 1960s ( think it was an AOS Orchid
Magazine ad) where plants were selling for $500+.

I'm sure some of you have some records out there....fess up!

Good Growing,
Gene