Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] frankreiff@gmail.com is offline

Default Koi & Pond Newbie Questions

OTOH I've just posted a picture of a pond Joanne and Wayman's pond
that is only about 2' deep and has no bottom drain also has stones
covering the bottom and these things are all wrong, so who cares,
since Joanne and Wayman like their pond and the sight of their fish
and don't give a hoot about the finer shape, color, competition,
Japanese terminology and price someone else is willing to pay for a
fish. They simply enjoy their pond and fish. I hope you can find

way to work things out and enjoy koi too.

Thanks Hal,

I can see that there are different schools of thought on the
newsgroup.

I don't really care about having the best(est) fish and would enjoy a
couple of nice small (but healthy) Koi.

A lot of aquarium fish simply stay small in a smaller tank, ie. large
tank - large fish, small tank - small fish

Is this the same with the Koi?

There are of course aquarium fish that do grow irrespective of the
size of their habitat..