Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default growing plants for security as well as aesthics

On May 6, 10:57 am, grincherum
wrote:
For security reasons, I am looking for a quick growing, thick and
prickly solution to a fence that borders a public highway.

can you recommend some planting for this? I rather go down this route
than for generic broken glass and barbed wire.

No one has ever managed to cut through my 15 foot deep
mixed raspberry - rosa multiflora hedge. Step one foot
in, and you'll need a pruning shear to cut yourself free.

Dunno where you're located in the UK, but didn't your
hedgerows stop Sherman tanks in WWII?