Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Copper Anti Slug and Snail Rings

"Adam Aglionby" wrote in message
On May 2, 1:54 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
I have some old scrap cable under the bench somewhere. Thought I would
give
it a try on making some rings/hoops and putting them round the plants as
they come up :-)

Could try to be clever ;-) and put two rings round, one inside the other
about 1 Centimetre apart, but one made of tinned copper wire, then, when
the
slug/snail goes over it, there just might be an Electric Current formed
by
virtue of two dissimilar metals thus we have our own little Cathodic
Protection system ;-)

Watch this space

Mike

--www.rneba.org.uk. The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association.

Whats the problem with blue pellet slug killer?

Adam

asked nevously after spreading a load over front bed....

I encourage, and we have lots of Birds in the garden AND Blackbirds have
been nesting just above the Veg Garden.

Mike