Old 06-05-2008, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Legal height for conifers?

On Tue, 6 May 2008 19:50:42 +0100, Jo wrote:

We were wondering if there is a legal height for such trees.

Any advice would be appreciated,

If there isn't a legal maximum height for a confiers and TBH I'd be
surprised if there was. You might want to start reading up on "ancient
lights". This is very old law with roots back into the 13th C giving some
rights to light. There is almost certainly a mine field of prescident and
amendments that time and other legislation involved as well...

Talk nicely to your neighbour is the first instance, it'll be cheaper than
a lawyer.

--
Cheers
Dave.