Old 07-05-2008, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Burr Oaks

"enigma" wrote in message
.. .
"symplastless" wrote in
:

Bur oak is close to white oak. Do the acorns mature on
current growth or on last years growth of bur oak?

for a tree expert you certainly ask pretty basic questions...
bur oak acorns take 2 years to mature, so they obviously
mature on last years growth.

lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

I do not have all the answers. So in that respect a bur oak is similar to a
red oak. Very interesting. I learn something new everyday.
I believe the vessel arrangement is similar to white oak with tyloses
plugging all but the current growth increment. Can you verify that Lee?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.