Old 07-05-2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Burr Oaks

"symplastless" wrote in
:

I do not have all the answers. So in that respect a bur
oak is similar to a red oak. Very interesting. I learn
something new everyday. I believe the vessel arrangement is
similar to white oak with tyloses plugging all but the
current growth increment. Can you verify that Lee?

i believe so. it's been awhile since i read up on the oak
family, but i think they all form tyloses.
the burr oak is a pretty interesting tree. i have a few on my
NY property, but they don't grow at all in my area of NH.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there