Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Manure, compost. Whats the difference?

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message

Some people say I should then cover the dug ground with rotted manure and
leave it over winter. Others say I should cover it with compost. But I
don't know the difference between rotted manure and compost?

At the start of winter, I cover my veg beds with fresh stable rakings
(manure mixed with urine and sawdust and some dropped feed) and then cover
the manure mix with Autumn leaves. I don't bother with letting it get to
the "rotted manure" stage as I figure it can do it's rotting on the bed.
Come Spring, it's lovely and alive with worms.