Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Sheep eating tree bark

Lyle wrote:
Hi Folks, I have an orchard into which I let my Scottish Blackface Sheep
graze, however some of them (not all) have acquired a taste for the bark
of the trees of which there are hundreds. Does anyone know of an
application which can be applied to the tree bark up to a height of
about 1 metre which will stop/deter these peskie creatures? I have
heard of an old remedy of bitumen spray on then covered in sand; I
wonder is there a simpler product/paint?

I saw the title and thought your trees had acquired a taste for the
sheep! ;-)

Bob