Old 07-05-2008, 06:13 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
Ron T. Ron T. is offline

Default Outside pipe/faucet in Chicago's climate

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message
Ron T. wrote:

"Pennyaline" wrote in message

KK wrote:
In article ,
Pennyaline wrote:

then keep it to yourselves and stop crossposting.

**** you!

Yer posting from a rec.* hierarchy and .garden to boot!

No shit, honey, thanks to the OP's crossposting. Now, howsaboutcha tell
ol' "Newbie" to go **** *himself* for starting the xpost in the first
place, huh? Off you go! There's a good kid!

Berating kenji does no good.

Get some leather boots and a riding crop and he'll lick your floors
forever,
know what I mean?

Yup...ken - joe "feeds" on "attention".

And speaking of *on - topic*, ya grow any vegetables 'n stuff down
there on your estate, Ron...???

--
Best
Greg

I put in tomatos ( 3 types), green peppers, red peppers, cucumbers,
watermelon, lettuce, red and russet potatos, turnips, collards, and
cantaloupe this year, Greg.

I have a section of kinda-field area that I try to keep some good herbs in,
and a section near the woods-line that I keep in mint for juleps.

Bib overalls and straw hat optional.

Nice thing is, I have access to all the cow manure I can carry away, and a
couple people bring their fish parts after an outing.

There's a federal drug unit that flys in the area from spring to fall with
spectrum-scanning stuff looking for cannabis fields, which are a huge cash
crop down here. When we see the black helicopters, we know it's time to
plant the garden.