Old 07-05-2008, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Blank Canvas-How do I start?

In article ,
Jamista writes:

| I am in the north east of England (West of Newcastle Upon Tyne).
|
| The garden is long and narrow (5m wide by 17m long appros.). The soil
| is a dark heavy clay that seems fertile as most of the gardens around
| do quite well with veg and flowers and we're in an arable farming
| area.

At that width, you need to be careful with screening plants. Most
that will grow up will also grow out. An alternative possibility
is a 'fedge' - i.e. a wire fence covered with climbers.

If you tell us how long and how high, we could suggest plants.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.