Old 07-05-2008, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steven Wayne[_2_] Steven Wayne[_2_] is offline

Default Choosing a lawn weed and feed?

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:39 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris
wrote:
I have a lot of moss, buttercup and dandelion in my lawn and want to get rid of it. I also have
naturalised crocus. I gave the lawn its first cut recently (which decapitated the crocus) and am
now planning a chemical assault towards the end of May.

I need something that will kill the weeds but leave the near-dormant crocus alone.

What should I go for or avoid?

Have you considered lawn sand?

Steven