Old 08-05-2008, 04:13 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_constructor View Post
Last year I was given a rhubarb plant which I planted in the garden.
Prepared a plot and dug in a bag full of compost.

Over the last couple of weeks, the rhubarb has shot up... probably because
it has got a little warmer.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I was told that you are not supposed to eat the first harvest..... Is
this correct ?

2. When should I harvest the plant ?

James
If it is growing strongly, it won't harm to take a few sticks.

You take what you need when you want it - or are you intending to freeze or make jam with it?