Old 08-05-2008, 10:55 AM
marshal marshal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Midget View Post
Bump - URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED
It wont die. infact i am so jellous. i have 15 or so cordylines and none have flowered. i have tried for years. your plant will not die. it will possibly branch out from where the flower stem has emerged. giving you a plant with interesting shape

later in the year when the seeds are ready just cut off the stem low down, remove the seeds , place them in compost and next spring you'll have many baby plants.

i have done this lots of times "borrowing" seeds from a cordyline which flowers every year outside my local gym.

i think your local garden centre should have known about flowering cordylines. my local centre is selling some with the flower stems emerging.

i have also heard that cordylin's thrive on neglect. perhaps that's why mine have not flowered.