Old 08-05-2008, 08:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default triple curled parsley as a perennial

"DougL" wrote in message

Here in zone 8, put in triple curled parsley plants last year. I had
always considered them to be cool-season annuals, but they grow
surprisingly well here. Kept some going through the winter (they even
seem to be tolerant of mild frost),

I've found the two varieties of parsley whihc I grow to be tolerant of heavy
frosts. I let them go to seed in the second year and then harvest some of
the seedheads and throw the seeds around the garden and let the remainder of
the heads left on the plant just drop where they are and grow again in the
same spot. I always have lots of parsley and like it as it's tough,
attractive and it's food as well.