Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Little grey rabbits

elaine wrote

"Bob" wrote
Your only real option is Rabbit Fencing, and make sure you bury it at
least 6 inches deep all round and check it every few days for digging.
You also need to keep it weed free to be able to check it.

Thanks Bob, I was afraid of that. Rabbit fencing isn't really practicable
due to the nature of the site, but I could probably do certain patches.
The pots of Dianthus I was looking at have the appearance of reasonably
tough leaves. I will try one pot in a corner, where it might not get
spotted until its got some roots down, and see what happens!

One of our new allotment holders has used normal type wire fencing with
large holes, not the proper rabbit proof stuff, and I noticed all their
runner beans had been chewed down to the ground.
The fact that they had their beans (and Tomatoes, and cucurbits...) in
already is another matter but being beginners they will probably get away
with it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden