Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Growing Trees

g'day luke,

5 acres not a huge piece of land and there will be infrastructure to
consider.

so genearlly on that size i would be thinking no tall forest type
trees.

also would suggest to keep it simple just go for indemic type trees be
they mallee or something else, they are going to grow more
sustainably, and at planting time mulching will keep moisture about
the root systems and insulate the yung developing root systems.

On Wed, 7 May 2008 20:34:15 +0930, "Luke" blah@blah wrote:

Hi,

I'm about to join Trees For Life so that I can grow some trees for my in
laws 5 acre property in Mannum , South Australia. I've been given a
reasonable sized list of trees to choose from and am now pondering what to
choose. Alot of the trees are Mallee's and I was under the impression that
these grew relatively slowly compared to other trees. Anyone here know if
the mallees are a slow growing tree? What Australian native trees are quick
growers and have a height of at least 3-4m?

Cheers
Luke

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev