Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Jenny Rizzo

Default Repotting a Spathe Flower / Problem with clay pots

Thank you all who replied! I repotted last Friday, but think I should have
used a larger pot. The new pot I used only had about 3/4 of an inch room to
the outside of the pot, and the soil is now at the top of the pot. I barely
covered all the roots. The plant also isn't standing 'upright'. It's
flopping, although I've been watering it. I'm thinking of getting a pot
about 2 inches wider (and a little deeper) and packing the soil in tight so
that the "stalks" of the plant will stay upright.

What are your thoughts on this strategy?

"Garrapata" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 05:36:46 GMT, "Jenny Rizzo"
wrote:

Now it seems to require more frequent watering,
possibly because of the porus pot. Also, the plant has lost it's nice

shape
and is growing irregularly since the re-potting

Maybe several plants potted together. Unpot and check for air
pockets/soil voids which allow water to run through without soaking in.

Remove all soil from roots and carefully repot. Use something like a
chopstick to get the soil to fill in around the roots.

Plastic pot is ok. If you want to keep the ceramic put it in a deep
saucer and give extra water on Friday, leave the saucer full, the Spath
won't mind