Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Newbie: Goldfish pond requirements

On Wed, 7 May 2008 19:15:55 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

And definitely, don't just toss pet-store "feeder"
goldfish in there.

After a few years with shubunkin, I prefer comets, and whether they
call them feeders or certified blue blood, I never got pedigree papers
with any purchase of mine and believe the comets were sold as feeders,
because the breeder had too many fish. I've heard stories about their
poor handling and bad condition, but of the 20 I bought this year from
Walmart @$.29ea, I lost one, so I still have 19 of the prolific
breeding, gold colored little beauties that work just fine in my
ponds.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb