Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Flower Garden Design Ideas: How To Create An Amazing Garden!

On 9/5/08 17:36, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 9 May 2008 09:33:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hummingbird Flower Garden Designs

Likewise, hummingbird gardens are a good choice for those who enjoy
spotting these small birds. Hummingbirds like richly colored flowers
with sweet nectar and a tubular shape. Red and fuschia flowers in
particular tend to attract hummingbirds. Some hummingbird garden
favorites are morning glory, petunias, azalea, rose of sharon,
delphinium and honeysuckle.

I haven't seen a humming bird in our garden so far this year.

No, they seem to be strangely lacking in UK gardens, too......or maybe the
uk bit of uk.rec.gardening hasn't penetrated!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk