Old 10-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Freedom_Spark Freedom_Spark is offline
Registered User

Smile

Hi again everyone, back with more questions.

I got hold of a few strawberry plants, 8 in total just wondering what I should do, someone recommended growing them in a hanging basket, any advice?

Also I have noticed a few nibbles out of my radishes & lettuce, I'm beginning to think I might have slug issues & I know this might sound like a stupid question but is there any way I cold prevent them from doing any damage without killing them? I've been a vegetarian since I was 19, two years now & that was one of the main reasons I started the garden, killing the slugs just wouldn't feel right! (Most people I've spoken to find that hilarious btw, so feel free to laugh ;-D)

Now a rhubarb question, I have looked everywhere for rhubarb to plant but no luck, what is the best method of growing rhubarb & where is the best place to find it?

Finally, at what stage should sweetcorn be planted out? I started some inside & the seedlings are looking really well, any advice on that would be great.

Thanks again.