Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Flower Garden Design Ideas: How To Create An Amazing Garden!

On Fri, 9 May 2008 18:11:05 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

On 9/5/08 17:36, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 9 May 2008 09:33:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hummingbird Flower Garden Designs

Likewise, hummingbird gardens are a good choice for those who enjoy
spotting these small birds. Hummingbirds like richly colored flowers
with sweet nectar and a tubular shape. Red and fuschia flowers in
particular tend to attract hummingbirds. Some hummingbird garden
favorites are morning glory, petunias, azalea, rose of sharon,
delphinium and honeysuckle.

I haven't seen a humming bird in our garden so far this year.

No, they seem to be strangely lacking in UK gardens, too......or maybe the
uk bit of uk.rec.gardening hasn't penetrated!

Have you got rhubarb? I always think it's the presence of rhubarb that keeps
them away :-)

Probably also keeps away the tigers, so we can sleep safely in our beds.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation