Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Michael[_11_] Michael[_11_] is offline

Default Speaking of poppies...

I think you're *right*, Radar. :-))

I do have a good many wood poppies (Stylophorum diphyllum) around the
gardens, and since the foliage was so similar and the flowers exactly the
same colour, I'd never looked more closely... even though what I've called a
"double" version of the same plant until now is a much taller (18-30" as
opposed to 12-20") and more robust plant.

Radar wrote:

Are you sure this is a poppy? It looks more like Trollius (commonly
called Globeflower) to me. I'm not familiar with Wood Poppy, but by
what I could see on Google it has different foliage, and this flower
looks exactly like all my Trollius.

Still a nice photo, either way.

Regards,
Rick

"Michael" wrote in message
... my double wood poppy is finally blooming. :-)