Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Wuensch, Karl L.[_2_] Wuensch, Karl L.[_2_] is offline

Default Eggplant germination question

Bottom heat, and patience with some, including older seeds. I have found that disturbing the soil after a week or two can hep, curiously.

Cheers,

Karl W

"Zootal" wrote in message ...
I have 40 pots seeded with eggplants. I have 8 different types, 5 pots of
each. It's been~10 days, and right now 3 of the 8 types are at 100%
germination. IE 3 of the 8 varieties are all up, and none of the others have
come up. Are eggplants particular about germinating conditions? At what
point do I give up, try to figure out why they didn't come up, and reseed?