Old 10-05-2008, 04:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Which vegetables can be planted this month?

Freedom_Spark wrote in
:

Hi again everyone, back with more questions.

I got hold of a few strawberry plants, 8 in total just wondering what I
should do, someone recommended growing them in a hanging basket, any
advice?

*snip*

We simply put strawberries in the ground, spaced out during initial bed
establishment. You can leave a foot or three between each plant, and the
next couple years they'll have filled in the space. In the midwest US,
strawberry season is going to start in about 3 weeks.

Finally, at what stage should sweetcorn be planted out? I started some
inside & the seedlings are looking really well, any advice on that
would be great.

Thanks again.

I'm not sure about transplanting, but my sweet corn (and everyone else's
field corn) is coming up with its first set of true leaves. You can
probably transplant anytime.

Puckdropper