Old 10-05-2008, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default What can i sow this late?

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:

| Due to events this year i have been unable to have any time to do any
| sowing or planting out until this week.

It's not solely a question of time in my case, but the same applies
to me. I shall also have to resow everything that I sowed just before
the hot weather, if things run true to form.

| Apart from all my special cuttings dying from the heat in the greenhouse
| I have tons of seeds i can use.
| What can i salvage from this late in the season?

Everything that doesn't need a very long growing season. Even things
like chillis, sweetcorn and squashes are not too late, as they don't
start growing until it warms up, anyway. You need to wait for cooler,
damper weather before sowing things like carrots, and spinach is now
a waste of time until autumn, but the success of all those is in the
bladder of the gods.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.