Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,england.rec.gardening
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Organic slug pellets

In article
,
Father Haskell wrote:

On May 10, 9:55 am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

I think someone was asking recently about organic methods of deterring
slugs. Although we sell these, we haven't tried them so I can't vouch for
them personally.

Iron phosphate (i.e. "Sluggo" brand) works great, and adds a shot
of phosphorous, which your plants need anyway.

However, the details a

Or follow the trial I have going in the 'Anti Slug and Snail Experiment'

Mike

Does the wire stapled to the top of the rails do anything
about the slugs nesting underneath?

Every year I ask where can I purchase an ounce of iron phosphate ?
Sluggo and others consist of 1% iron phosphate and 99 % breads or a
starch.

Active ingredient 1% for expensive box .

Bill who would dissolve iron phosphate in soda.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA