Old 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Squash vine borers

In article ,
"Katey Didd" wrote:

Tatuma really is good. They sell it in the stores here so I may give
that a try. Baby pumpkin also eats well as a green squash and I don't
recall whether we had problems with borers or not with those. It's been
too long since I've grown one.

The only ones that were destroyed by borers were our crooknecks and
zucchinis. Two of our favorites. Butternuts were not affected. Our squash
are all coming up now. Unless watered profusely, pumpkins don't do to well
where I live.

Yeah. Crooknecks, Zuch's and pattypans were what they did in for me. :-(
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein