Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris Steve Harris is offline

Default Hedysarum coronarium

In article , (Jeff Layman)
wrote:

Anyone got any idea why the common name of this is French Honeysuckle?

Some plant names don't make a lot of sense? Or whoever named it attached more significance to
some feature other than the scent? Or he was a marketing man? :-)

I've grown it from seed a couple of times, and seen it in several gardens.

I'm having a second try at it. Last time, it got bad powdery mildew. I did have it in very dry
soil though.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/