Old 11-05-2008, 06:23 AM posted to sci.bio.botany,rec.gardens,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.irish
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Lack Of Trees In Irish And British Countrysides

"Someone else" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 May 2008 13:12:01 +0000 (GMT), jl

I wouldn't get to hung up about the Spanish Armada - the
british fleet was quite small in those days, as were the ships.

I'm not "hung up" about it. I refer in particular to that time period
because that is when the Irish forests had a huge amount of damage
done to them and I am responding to questions about the deforestation
of Ireland...

You really do have a problem. You answer questions not asked and make
repsonses to what you think you read in other's posts that were never there
in the first place.

In the instance of the 'question' of the deforestation of Ireland, you are
answering a question that were NEVER asked. There has been NO such question
except presumably in your own mind! You have decided to take a contrary
view to what other people have chosen to post, but your contrariness does
not mean that any question has ever been asked nor does it mean that your
posts are relevant to the OPs interest.

Reread the OPs post and do TRY (as difficult as you clearly find it) to read
for comprehension. Do note especially the subject header which includes
more than Ireland.

The OP observed that TV documentaries and travelogues revealed lush 'green'
but a scarcity of trees in both Ireland AND Britain.

The OP wanted to know WHY there were no trees and since you seem to have
missed the point, the mention of TV documentaries and travelogues places the
OPs interest in our current time. It is about the here and the now, not
something that took place at the time of the Spanish Armada. The OPs
interest also extends beyond just Ireland.