Old 11-05-2008, 11:06 AM
cliff forrest cliff forrest is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ_von_Schnerk View Post
Bad news - mower was dragged out last weekend having done last year successfully but now would not start.
Again I pulled the carb apart and blew out the jets. On reassembly it started first pull but only ran for some 15 seconds and then stopped. It will restart a few minutes later, on choke, and run for another 15 seconds and stop.

It seems the filler cap vent solution was a red herring.

I am convinced it is something to do with the vacuum control on the throttle rather than fuel delivery....

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
In case it helps other users in the future ....

Same problem here. Dies after a minute or so. Always restarts but then dies.

In my case I stripped it all down and eventually bought a new (expensive) ignition module which made no difference!!

Finally I bought a new spark plug giving an instant cure. It must have been breaking down electrically when hot.