Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Rhubarb ?

"the_constructor" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 9, 2:33 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote in message

et...

Rhubarb and ice cream.... Lovely.

I think that nothing beats rhubarb and cream. I'm salivating at the
thought!

Mary

For me it's rhubarb and custard - especially when made into rhubarb
fool.

I make fool with yogurt - the next best thing to cream :-)

Too idle to make custard ... but custard is best with rhubarb pie.

Mary

Judith

How do you make fool then ?

James

I know not how others make it but I cut rhubarb into 1" pieces and put them
into a pan with some honey (no water). Cooking over a low heat until the
rhubarb is soft takes but a few minutes. Then I stir it into cream - or
yogurt.

Bliss.

Mary