Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default raised beds and what to use for edging?

On May 11, 12:28*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
,
herbgarden writes

*BUT ... what
sort of stuff do you use for an organic garden?

I used scaffolding planks and painted them with a wood preservative.
Thought they'd last forever but noticed after three years that the
bottom edges are rotting or beginning to!

I've just made one and used concrete blocks but that was probably
massive overkill and hard work (I was reusing them from an old
demolished shed in my mother's house so at least it was recycling).
Scaffolding planks sound like a good idea. Where did you get them
from?

Des

--
Janet Tweedy